Days of Letters

I really miss the good old days of handwritten mails (letters). As a kid I used to write a lot of letters to my Koka (grandpa), Aita (grandma), Mama's (uncles), cousins and wait in anticipation for their replies. Even during summer and winter vacations, my then best friend and me used to send each other letters  (the vacation used to last only a month!! ). I used to be a huge fan of postage stamps and inland letters.

When I was away in college, I wrote letters to my sister, parents and friends. Letters used to be a messenger of happiness. But today in a world of instant messengers like mobile phones and internet, letters have lost their way.

But I still believe in the effectiveness and magic of letters and write now and then to my special ones. But at times, I do long for a letter...longing to feel its charm and magic all over again...

Labels: , ,