AtoZChallenge 2014:My Reflections

 26 letters
26 posts
30 days
I SURVIVED!!
 
When I signed up for A to Z Challenge 2014, I knew I was in for a tough time. Writing everyday for a month is a mammoth job. My first such challenge was the Write Tribe-Festival of Words in December 2013. Signing up was easy, but what to write was the tough part. I wanted to have a theme for all my posts and I was toying with a few ideas. Then Az, my husband, suggested places. And the thought stuck with me. So a biiiiggggg thanks to him for laying the foundation stone for my posts :) Throughout the challenge I tried and scheduled a week's posts in advance. That gave me a lot of time to visit and explore the other participants' blogs. I also tried to respond to the comments on post ASAP.

The challenge opened up a whole new world of blogging. On the sign up list, I noticed that more than 2000 bloggers have signed up. So this is big, I thought. For the first few days, I was checking out different blogs, starting with the ones immediately after me on the list (as suggested). There were some, to whom I returned every other day. They totally got me hooked. I have started following several blogs and have added them to my reading list.

I, too, got many new followers and several repeat visits and comments. The challenge has seriously boosted both my blog and my spirits.

I would like to convey my heartfelt thanks and gratitude to my readers. In the family, my mother, sister and Az read all my posts and supported me throughout the challenge with their ideas and thoughts. Then my regular readers, my friends on the social network and the participants of this challenge, all of them have been a huge encouragement. It is really exhilarating to know that I am being read :) I hope they don't get bored of my musings.

Now that the challenge is over, I feel kind of jobless! The April month was whizzed by, leaving me no idle time. But I am happy that I have made so many blogger relatives and I am going to keep in touch with them. And no matter the hard work involved, I find myself now waiting eagerly for A To Z Challenge 2015. 

Labels: , , ,