Share The Load


The last week had been a busy one. Az (my husband) and I were visiting my parents in Assam the previous week. So office last week was quite hectic with workload. Plus it was six days working for me. Each day I wished I could sleep a little longer in the mornings. So I was truly looking forward to today, the coveted Sunday.

But in the morning, somebody rang the doorbell. It was the newspaper boy with the bill. Az took care of it. After that he could not sleep and so decided to get up for the day. But he let me sleep. He did the laundry while I slept. He took care when one of the brothers got up. I finally left the bed half an hour before noon and made his cup of morning tea. He likes my tea and it had been sometime since I had made him some.

I cooked lunch while he helped with the dirty dishes. In the late afternoon, I tended to my plants. I had to change the soil and it is difficult for me to carry down the heavy pots from the balcony slabs. So Az was there, ready to help me. He even fixed the loosened plant shelf which he had made on the side wall. Finally it was he who did all the cleaning up.

After freshening up, I went off to cook dinner. And after sometime he was there again to help me in the kitchen. He finished off by scrubbing the kitchen sink, clean and shiny. Thanks to him, I finished off my chores fast and I am writing this post before the deadline.

I am not writing this post to declare to the public how sweet and caring my husband is. I am just sharing an example as to how sharing the household chores can help bringing about harmony and love in our homes. 
Sharing household chores puts the family members on an equal footing and leads to more quality time with each other as well as results in success for the household. Sharing household chores is also another way couples can spend more time with each other. The act of sharing also results in increase of love and respect towards each other. The act itself expresses love and care.

There is absolutely no shame in men sharing household chores. A man helping with the housework is nothing but sheer manly. It shows that he cares. It shows that he respects. And such a man gets immense love, respect and care in return.
I am writing for the #ShareTheLoad activity at BlogAdda.com in association with Ariel.

The previous posts for the same activity:
  1. The Official Laundry Officer
  2. Sharing the Laundry Job

Labels: , , , , , , , ,